Administer your GIM Suite to an advanced level, including workspace audit, synchronisation and automation.
Who should attend?
- Site administrators and Nova Network Partners who would like to consolidate their GIM Suite knowledge to administer an implemented site.
- Anyone seeking GIM Suite Professional (3000) accreditation.
1. Create and use derived fields to an advanced level.
- Explain the purpose of derived fields.
- Create and use derived fields based on collar, geology, assay and read-only compound definitions.
- Create complex derived fields employing SQL sub-selects and CASE statements.
- Demonstrate how derived fields may be used to create other derived fields (nesting derived fields).
2. Demonstrate the ability to manage post-import events.
- Explain the purpose of post-import events.
- Discuss what constitutes a successful or failed import and the actions which take place following success or failure.
- Demonstrate how to configure post-import events.
3. Demonstrate the ability to define the coordinate management system in acQuire 4.
- Explain the storage of grids and coordinates within the acQuire Data Model (ADM).
- Demonstrate how to define geographic, projected and local coordinate systems and explain the significance of a parent/child relationship.
- Demonstrate how to define coordinate set virtual fields.
4. Demonstrate the ability to configure and deploy workspace synchronisation.
- Discuss the purpose of workspace synchronisation.
- Demonstrate how to configure a workspace, including workspace shortcuts.
- Demonstrate how to set up connection and deployment properties.
- Create a workspace configuration file (*.awcfg) for site users.
5. Use the workspace analyser tool.
- Explain the purpose of the workspace analyser tool.
- Demonstrate how to use the workspace analyser tool.
6. Demonstrate the ability to set up and use automation and data caching.
- Explain the purpose of automation.
- Discuss data caching and the task automation.
- Demonstrate how to set up automation, including emails.
- Demonstrate how to use the data caching wizard.
- Demonstrate how to use the task automation wizard.
You can participate in this unit at one of these upcoming courses:
There are currently no upcoming courses that offer this unit. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest in this unit, so that we can contact you when it is available.
(Recommended) Basic understanding of map projections