Gain insight into the fundamental administrative skills needed to set up and manage the Arena component of GIM Suite.
New and existing acQuire GIM Suite users moving into an administrative role.
1. Recognise the Manager view components of the Arena interface.
- Differentiate between the user view, Access Manager view and Database Manager view of the Arena interface.
- Explain the purpose of each component in the Manager view.
2. Discuss the Access Manager's role in the Arena component of GIM Suite.
- Discuss the responsibilities of an Access Manager.
- Explain how to add a database in Arena.
- Identify the Arena licence types and how to activate/assign them.
- Explain how to set up users and groups.
3. Discuss the Database Manager's role in the Arena component of GIM Suite.
- Discuss the responsibilities of a Database Manager.
- Identify the purpose of a role and its types.
- Explain how to add a role and assign users/groups to it.
- Explain how to assist with troubleshooting, including configuring user and system settings.
4. Discuss the fundamental concepts related to tasks and workspaces in the Arena component of GIM Suite.
- Explain the purpose of a task.
- Identify the components of a task and their purpose:
- Data and Design Modes
- Data Library (acQuire Object Model, Form and Compound Definitions)
- Data View
- Controls and their types
- Explain how to create and manage workspaces in Arena.
You can participate in this unit at one of these upcoming courses:
25 Sep 2020
01 Oct 2020
27 Nov 2020
03 Dec 2020
14 Jan 2021
08 Apr 2021