Quality Control of Analytical Results
Create and use the QAQC tools in GIM Suite in order to quality-control analytical results received from a laboratory.
Who should attend?
- Database managers who are responsible for maintaining an acQuire 4 database to support the quality control of analytical results stored in the database.
- Users who want to learn how to create and configure an acQuire 4 QAQC object so they can maintain the quality control of analytical results in an acQuire 4 database.
- Explain the purpose of a QA program as it relates to analytical results.
- Explain the purpose of QC monitoring of analytical results.
- Explain QAQC as it relates to sampling and analytical results.
- Explain the concepts of precision and accuracy in the context of QAQC.
- Recognise the difference between duplicate, standard, and blank samples, and explain their role in a QA program.
- Discuss the purpose and importance of laboratory QAQC.
- Discuss commonly-used terms, statistics and charts for QC, and demonstrate how to use and interpret them.
- Explain the reference tables that support QC accuracy.
- Explain the role that the Sample and CheckSample tables play in QAQC.
- Explain how a QAQC professional or database manager would use a QAQC object.
- Explain the purpose of the report sheet.
- Discuss the rationale for a control sheet and explain its role in an acQuire 4 QAQC object.
- Demonstrate how to create a QAQC object using the sheet wizard.
- Discuss the purpose of the more common QAQC compound definitions, the circumstances in which to use them and demonstrate how to select a QAQC compound definition.
- Recognise the different QC chart types used to monitor precision and accuracy.
- Demonstrate how to select each type of QC chart for inclusion on a chart sheet.
- Demonstrate how to select fields for inclusion in the object and define grouping used for data display.
- Use a filter to limit the data returned for use by the QAQC object.
- Demonstrate how to add controls to an acQuire 4 QAQC object’s control sheet.
- Demonstrate how to add a derived field to a QAQC compound and display this on the Chart sheet.
- Configure a main report sheet and sub-report sheet.
- Demonstrate how to use the various elements of the Navigator, Chart, Statistics and Data Grid areas of the chart sheet to filter and interact within and between each area.
- Review the chart setting features and identify how they influence the look and feel of a chart.
- Demonstrate how to switch from Single to Multi view and how to select components within multi view.
- Demonstrate how to use each export option in the chart sheet.
- Explain the more common statistics for each of the QC types.
- Demonstrate how to use the interactive elements on the report sheet to display/hide/print/export data, as required.
You can participate in this unit at one of these upcoming courses: