Gain insight into the fundamental administrative skills and software tools needed to manage the acQuire 4 component of the GIM Suite.
Who should attend?
New and existing GIM Suite users moving into a database manager role.
- Explain the responsibilities of a Database Manager in acQuire 4.
- Explain the difference between server-side and client-side licences.
- Distinguish between the different server-side licence types and methods.
- Distinguish between the different client-side licence types and methods.
- Explain the purpose of the acQuire Licence Administrator and how it is used to manage client-side licences.
- Explain the purpose of an Entitlement ID (EID) and how it is used within the acQuire Licence Administrator.
- Differentiate between checking out a floating licence online and offline.
- Create an ODBC connection.
- Create a new workspace.
- Configure the workspace options.
- Create a workspace object shortcut.
- Use the workspace configuration tool to create and synchronise workspaces.
- Create a virtual field.
- Apply validation and styling to a virtual field.
- Create a derived field.
- Create a form definition.
- Define and create a workspace filter.
- Create and manage grids and grid coordinate sets.
- Manage the database through the acQuire 4 interface.
- Explain the term Application Programming Interface (API).
- Explain the purpose of acQuire Direct.
- Identify the third-party programs that pull data from GIM Suite using the API.
- Demonstrate how to create a data client view.
- Explain how a data client view allows Microsoft Excel to pull data from the GIM Suite database.
- Explain how data push works.
- Identify the different output formats that an acQuire export object supports.
- Explain the purpose of the aggregation tool.
- Describe the purpose of a briefcase object.
- Use a briefcase object to create a data package.
You can participate in this unit at one of these upcoming courses:
United States of America