This training session covers the fundamental concepts, methods and structure of acQuire. This includes all of the functions that an acQuire user needs to know to use acQuire in an implemented environment. Also included are the creation of workspace objects and the use of manager tools to customise an existing acQuire implementation.
Fair, reliable and valid assessments have been developed to determine the competency of the participant for this accreditation. acQuire Practitioner accreditation is attained by the participant when they have been assessed as attaining acQuire Technology Solutions competency for all learning outcomes in this unit.
Time is allocated in the timetable for these assessments. However, it is likely that participants will need to work on these assessments beyond the allocated class time.
acQuire can supply a computer for each participant. However, the computer supplied can only be used while participants are working in the training facility (i.e. 8.30am – 5.00pm). To continue with their work beyond the training time and to complete assessments, it is recommended that participants use their own computer. This will need to be set up to acQuire Training requirements.
8 training days, plus activity and assessment work, in a two week period
Note: Monday of Week Two is a non-training day. Participants do not attend on this day.
Who should attend?
- New acQuire database managers
- Current acQuire database managers who want to improve their understanding of acQuire
- Any potential or existing acQuire user who would like acQuire Technology Solutions accreditation
- Any potential or existing acQuire user who needs to immediately transfer their newly acquired knowledge and skills to their acQuire work environment
- Introduction to the Structured Query Language (SQL) (aQ113)
- Ability to use the Microsoft Office suite of software
- Understanding of and familiarity with terminology and processes used in the resources industry (e.g. collar, lithology, sampling techniques and collection)
On successful completion of this training session, participants should be able to:
- Use acQuire in an implemented environment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how acQuire can be used.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the different acQuire licence types.
- Use the acQuire workspace (e.g. open, save, close) and menu options.
- Use workspace objects (e.g. Form, Data Entry, Report).
- Use export options (e.g. form export).
- Use acQuire front-end functionality (e.g. filters, workspace shortcuts).
- Use the acQuire Help.
- Use acQuire support.
- Demonstrate an understanding of some common error messages.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role of the acQuire database manager.
- Administer acQuire licences.
- Create an ODBC connection.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the acQuire Data Model (ADM).
- Use Manager's tools to customise an existing implementation.
- Create a workspace.
- Use manager configuration options (e.g. virtual field wizard, derived field wizard, transform coordinates tool).
- Create workspace objects.
- Demonstrate an understanding of an assay and despatch workflow.
- Create and use a simple import object to load data into the acQuire database.
- Create and use an import object for assay import (i.e. creating form definitions, using assay import wizard).
- Create and use a data entry object (online) to enter data into the acQuire database.
- Modify a data entry object (offline) to enter data into a remote standalone acQuire database.
- Create and use a LogReporter object to produce a graphic log of drillhole data.
- Create and use a briefcase object to copy data from one acQuire database to another acQuire database.
- Create and use a report object to produce customised data reports.
Find an acQuire Training Session
Upcoming Session Details
|acQuire Practitioner Training - Calgary June 2014||Monday (09 Jun 14) - Thursday (19 Jun 14)||English||Register Now|
|Brisbane Practitioner Training - May 14||Monday (19 May 14) - Friday (23 May 14)||English||Register Now|
|Perth Practitioner Training||Tuesday (03 Dec 13) - Friday (13 Dec 13)||English||Register Now|
There are no online sessions.